Image Map

11/06/2012

Fare Thee Well

Fare thee well, brave and true Honda Pilot.  Your honored service shall not be forgotten.  

Is it silly to be a little sad about getting a new car?  Not getting a new car, but saying goodbye to the old car?  I was getting a little emotional last week when I was cleaning it out, and Chris said, You do realize it's an inanimate object, right?  

Well.  How about you just shut up?  You don't even love the Pilot!  Monster! 

Poor Honda Pilot...  No more road trips to Colorado.  No more long drives to the white sand beaches of Florida.  Poor Pilot.  Who will splatter milk on your windows?  Who will kick your seats and scuff up your fine leather interior?  Who will drop pounds of gram cracker crumbs in your every nook and cranny?
It's going to be so lonely for Honda Pilot...

We drove around with a toy panda bear strapped in our first car seat for a month before Lucas was born...

And now, I have to drive this shiny new abomination.  With heated seats.  And side doors that open at the push of a button.  So that the boys can get themselves in and out of the car without any help.  And a back up camera so I don't run over the neighbor's dog.  Again.  Just kidding.  Maybe not.
Heated seats.  Heated freaking seats.  In a minivan.  Perhaps it shows how much of a car person I am not that this feature brings a tiny tear of joy to my eye...

Oh my gosh...  One minute I was a hottie twenty year old.  Then I blinked.  And now I'm not.  Really, really, REALLY not.  And I drive a minivan.

sigh...  but at least my hiney stays toasty warm.

See ya, Pilot.

2 comments:

JoLaLaLa said...

I cried when we got rid of our 4Runner for the same reason. It was our first family car- bought it while pregnant with Katie to upgrade from his cute little sports car. It was our first car we bought together. It was going to be our car forever... until Miss Allison came along and that nice roomy backseat didn't feel so roomy anymore when the 8 inches between the two carseats didn't leave me enough room to sit and console the baby on trips (she HATED the car) or nurse her discreetly while I waited on hubby to run in to the store or whatever. Hubby made a little fun of me and didn't understand my emotion, but I totally get your feelings, because I felt them too.

katrina adams said...

Do u know that going from an suv to a minivan is probably the best decision I ever made? It's amazing! Esp when it's shiny and new with push button doors and multiple tvs...lol spoilage! even better that I still got to keep my suv baby. Enjoy, Mama. You deserve every bit of luxury!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...