Image Map

8/14/2012

Gary Leroy Turns 60

My father in law turned sixty last week.  So of course, there had to be a party.  And of course I had to be in charge of it.  (Because I'm extremely bossy about all things fun.  I'm very charming.)  And because I was in charge of it, of course it had to be a surprise.  Because I like to jump out and scare people.  It's great fun.

So my espionage started like this.  Gary and our little Harrison have birthdays that are only a day apart.  So it seemed natural that I would be throwing Harry a big party.  But I didn't.  But I'm highly skilled in espionage.  So instead, I sent this out to the family.  So that Gary would think he was driving two hours to celebrate his grandson.  eh heh heh heh heh...  I'm rubbing my hands together right now...
This was a big fat lie.  Gary's party was at Harry's crib at 4:00 pm. Be there or be square. (Did you know that Gary and Harry rhyme?  They do.  That's funny.)

No party for baby.  Just crazy people throwing confetti at his head.  Surprise!

take this off...  I hate this, I hate this, I hate this...
I love this, I love this, I love this.
 Gary has a rather large mustache.  It's kind of his trademark.  So it seemed like a natural theme for our little family get together.  It also seems like a natural thing to stand like this when you're wearing a big bushy mustache.
This is how Gary smiles for photo ops.
 I think it must be the mustache.  Because this is how everyone wearing a mustache smiles for photo ops.
Unless you're Harry.
And then you're just really ticked off that you can't reach those dad gum cupcakes.
Just a little family get together.  All smiling to get our picture made.  Some of us are smiling so hard our eyes are closed.  It's harder work than you think, wearing this big ol' mustache.
Then we left the babes at home with our beloved babysitter (glory be!) and went out to one of our favorite places for dinner.

But we took off our big bushy fake mustaches.  That would be ridiculous.
 Gary opted to keep his stache, thank goodness.  It's somewhat of a legend.
Happy birthday, G-Man!  We love you!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...