Image Map

10/24/2011

car rides make him sleepy

We were away on an  little family getaway over the weekend.  Little cabin in the woods.  Good friends.  Five little boys from age 6 down to 3 months.  Good times.

I don't know about you, but going on vacation is always bittersweet for me.  I love getting away, going to new places, sharing new experiences with my family.

But there are moments...

Moments usually between the hours of 12:00am and 6:00am when I question the wisdom of ever leaving the house.  Because...

babies.

don't.

sleep.

Nope.  Not mine.  Not away from home.  And let me tell you, Gentle Reader.  It sucks.  Sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks.

They wander aimlessly crying and stumbling at nap time.  They cry every hour all night long.

Why?  Why do I do this to myself?  Why?  Oh, Heavens above, WHY???


Because I like to have fun, that's why.  And I seem to forget about the suckyness of no sleep, and the days worth of laundry I bring home, and the crankiness at nap time...  I forget all of that and only remember the fun.  I'm such a sucker.

So...  exhausted baby.  And every time we would leave the cabin, he would fall asleep in the car.  So that meant that I spent a great majority of our family fun vacation in the car with a sleeping baby while everyone else went out and played in the pine trees, and paddled in the paddle boats.




Am I complaining?


Heck no, I'm not complaining.  He's sleeping, isn't he??

1 comment:

Autumn Brown said...

Love it! Mariah there is never a dull moment...keep it up :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...