Image Map

4/19/2011

The Bees Knees

Like every other mother on planet earth, my boys are so different from each other.

Max loves fruit.

Lucas will not sit next to you if you are eating fruit.  He will give you a dirty look, and direct you to the other side of the table.  He is not kidding.  And if you somehow sneak your apple slice, he will still know.  The sweet apple smell lingering on your breath will make him gag.  That's right.  Gag.

Lucas is pretty reserved and it takes him a while to warm up to people.

Max will be your best friend in five minutes, and have a tickle fight with you in seven.

Lucas was five years old before he figured out that lying was even a possibility.

Max however, tried to convince me on Saturday that somehow Lucas snuck into his bedroom while Max was taking a nap and pooped in his pants.  Big brother then proceeded to take off said pants, and dump turds all over the white carpet and have a parade.

I will spare you the details, Gentle Reader.  That's right.  This story gets worse.  Much, much worse.  So much worse that I am choosing not to discuss it on my blog.  That's how you know it's bad.

And...  I digress.

The point is not poop, the point is that Max who has only been three years old for a couple of days, has figured out that lying is a great way to avoid trouble, and saying his brother "Did the poop" as he so eloquently put it, was a good idea.

Lucas still hasn't really gotten the hang of lying.  He scrunches up his face whenever he tries to tell an untruth and fesses up immediately.  Max on the other hand...  he will probably go to his grave insisting that Lucas came in and pooped in his pants.

uh-huh.

So....

That brings me to my point.

Well, not really.  But here's my point anyway.

Bugs.

They're different about bugs.

Lucas says he likes bugs, and he does in theory.  He likes pictures of them.  He likes learning about them.  He likes talking about them.  But if a housefly buzzes by, he screams and runs away like a  girl.

But Max...

Has really taken to bumble bees.

As in, "I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee, won't my mommy be so proud of me."




I'm convinced that it is just a matter of days before my baby gets stung.

He will not leave them alone.  He crouches down next to the flower beds and says, "Look!  A bumble bee!!!  A bumble bee!!!"

Certainly, the bees won't put up with such nonsense.

They might even sneak in and poop in his pants.

1 comment:

katrina adams said...

oh my! everything is just awesome!!! those cupcakes are great! if i fly you out to california, can you take care of the next bday party i have to deal with?

i love the theme for handsome max...so perfect. that used to be my oldest's fave book, but now he's over it and has moved on to chapter books.

you rock, mommy!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...