Image Map

11/17/2010

Why, Max? Why?

A beautiful fall day.  55 degrees.  Lovely golden leaves sprinkled over the backyard like fat, glistening lemon drops.  Bright, cheery, sunshine warming our cheeks in the crisp November air.

And Max.  Laying down in a puddle of water. 

That's right.  Read it again.

I said he is lying down in a puddle of water.

In November.



Not just jumping and splashing like your run of the mill, average, naughty, normal kid. 

Ohhh Nooooo....
  What would be the fun in that?



No.  My child is treating the puddle like a bathtub.  Splashing.  Dipping his forehead towards the leafy, muddy mess to get his hair in it.  Lapping it up like a puppy dog.  That's right.  I said, lapping it up like a puppy dog.

I know what you are thinking.  Mariah is the luckiest person in the world.


So I am faced with a difficult decision. 

Grounded for life?
Ship him off to Colorado until he is 25?
Give him away to the next Gypsy caravan that passes through my suburban neighborhood?

All very tempting options.

But then he looks at me like this. 






And like this.




And this.




And he looks like this when he's sleeping.



So then I melt into a puddle of goo onto the floor.  And while I'm down there I thank God for giving me this beautiful, unique, and remarkable little person.

I guess Max and I are stuck with each other.

Max's Keeper
          Warden
         Biggest Fan

p.s.  I know what you're thinking.  And yes.  I am the luckiest person in the world.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...