Image Map

6/02/2014

The Last Dance

My Grandparent's Last Dance...


Saturday evening, my dear Grandfather passed away.
I cannot yet wrap my head around the fact that she will be here and he will not.  That hardly seems possible.  They've been an inseparable team since they met as teenagers on that San Francisco street.  Almost 75 years together.  I don't know where one begins and the other ends.
 I will not say that he has "lost his battle with cancer".  Even though, yes, technically.  Cancer is what finally took him from this world.  But he has never lost a fight.  Never.  Never ever.  Not this one either.
 He didn't lose.  He is just beginning.  His new beginning.  The newest chapter in his amazing story.  He is writing on a fresh, new page.  It's hard to imagine that his adventures could possibly get better.  But I believe they have.  I truly believe he is on his greatest adventure yet.  His most exciting chapter.  I am so glad I got to be a part of his story.
 photo joyful-sig_zps350c7fb1.jpg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...