Image Map

4/27/2012

Your New Smile

Dear Lucas,
I can't help myself.  I'm more in love with you every day.  You are such a sweet boy...  And so dad gum cute.   How am I supposed to resist?  Apparently, no one can resist your charms.  Yesterday you came home from school with an animal book that the school librarian had been saving to give you. Not lend you, give you.  And two different teachers couldn't help but buy you books at the book fair last month.  If these ladies are powerless to your "certain something", how am I to resist?  It's getting worse.  Somehow, some way, you're getting even cuter.  And I think I know why.  I've discovered the source of your power.  It's that new smile.
Is there anything cuter than a little boy with a big gap where his tooth used to be?  No.  I think not.

I caught him mid sentence here.  He's probably telling me about the dietary needs of the Asiatic Lion.  (Did you know that there are lions in Asia?  Lucas told me.  So I know it's true.  I thought they were only in Africa.  huh.  Who knew?)  Or perhaps he's trying to charm me into giving him a jelly bean.  
I bet it worked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mariah, I don't know you, you don't know me, but I'm a cousin of Glenda's and found my way here to your blog. You are a very, very, very amazing writer. Having just spent an enormous amount of time reading back several months of your blog I can say that without second thought. I was SHOCKED! to see that no one is leaving comments on your blog. I'm leaving one so that you will know that someone way up in Montrose Co. is really enjoying your little family stories. Have a wonderful day. Sincerely JoAnn Mc

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...