Image Map

1/20/2012

Someday, My Lens Will Come

(in a very high pitched, crazy super fast vibrato)

Someday, my lens will come...
In a millennium...


So...

I've been saving up for a camera lens for...  um...  ever.  for-eh-ver.


There's actually been a jelly jar in my closet where every stray dollar bill I found went to rest.  Every birthday... jelly jar.  Every Christmas... jelly jar.  Anytime I got my grubby little mitts on paper money...  jelly jar.  So.  in the mean time, I've been shooting exclusively with my 50mm lens.  Which is, by the way the best $100 you can spend if you're into photography and have an SLR.  That little bad boy is amazing.  And I really think it has helped me become a better photographer...  Having the limitations of only one lens has made me push myself in different ways.  It's been great.  And honestly, I'm glad that it's taken me two years to save up for...


Oh...  what's in the box??!!  The suspense!  The SUSPENSE!!!


Oh, man...

It's more than twice the cost of my camera body...

Hot dog.

(taken with my iPhone.  I can't take a photo of my camera with my camera, can I?)

And it looks crazy huge on my camera.  I'm so used to my lil' old 50mm.  This thing is a behemoth.  And heavy.  Crazy heavy.  And...  gulp.  intimidating.  Those were my immediate impressions.  Dang.  expensive.  Dang.  huge.  Dang.  Crazy heavy.  Dang.  fancy.  Looks like a piece of the space shuttle.

I'm sure we'll grow to be great friends.

Don't worry, sweet dedicated, BFF 50mm.  I haven't forgotten all the good times we've had.  Have a great summer.  Stay sweet.  Never change.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...