Image Map

10/27/2011

Raccoon Cabin

Over the weekend we went on a little vaca.  Nothing big...  just the nine of us.  Chris and I, our friends David and Annie, and our five collective sons.  Just the nine of us, all snug as bugs in Raccoon Cabin.


Not a lot of sleep at night...  Because Harry is a very naughty baby who doesn't love his mother.  But I forgive him, and we had a great time anyways.

Raccoon Cabin had everything our happy little party of nine could ask for.  A big deck to play on...



Soft pine needles to cushion your fall when you land on your bum...




Before leaving for the long weekend, I bought the boys fishing poles.  Coming from a family of fishermen, I feel it is my duty to pass on the tradition of standing very still for hours at a time holding a stick.  Well...  We didn't actually get any fishing in, but the boys were just as happy to play with the poles and rubber worms.



 Oh my goodness.


There was a little pond to throw rocks in...


And lots of opportunities to get your piggies dirty.  What more could five little boys want?


I know...  a train!


Our cabin was in a state park, nestled in a national forest.  And there was a little train in it.  Of course there was.  Doesn't your state park in a national forest have a train?  And they even let you bring your fishing pole on board just in case you want to get your line wet.  Just in case, you know.


We love these guys!


Those cheeks...  I'm dying.



Yes, he is wearing my sunglasses.  Why do you ask?



Fun fall getaway...


Love you, Raccoon Cabin.  Kiss kiss.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like sooo much fun! Where is this?

Mariah said...

It's at Beaver's Bend State Park in Southeast Oklahoma. Lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...