Image Map

8/02/2012

Painting

As I've told you recently...  I've been busy.  We waded through the many cans of white to decide finally on...
drumroll....

Silver Satin and Acadia White, both by Benjamin Moore.  Or, perhaps better known as white with white trim.

While Chris was painting the ceiling, we realized that we didn't want to get little paint specks on our bed frame.  I could have just run over to Lowe's and bought some plastic sheeting...  Or...   

I could spend thirty minutes making a custom slipcover out of black trash bags!  Awesome.


Still on the hunt for a ceiling fan that doesn't make me want to barf.  My heart's desire is to not have a ceiling fan at all...  and instead have a pretty light fixture.

But...
Ummm....  Yaaahhh.  That says 115 today, kids.  We need a ceiling fan.

My Golden Girls vintage reproduction will have to do for now.  I call her, Blanche.
Gotta love her.


2 comments:

Elizabeth Jaeger said...

I love the trash bags! I so am with you on that. :) Thanks for your unique and cute post. I love it.

Staci said...

I get what you mean. I used to have a brass ceiling fan that is too bright for my taste. I painted the base silver and the blades a bayberry color. It’s the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning, so I want it to be pleasing to the eyes and NOT blinding. XP

Staci Severns

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...