Image Map

2/16/2012

Val-en-times!

Oh, the Valentine Festivities.  I really like holidays, but Valentine's Day is not my favorite.  I'm much more into Christmas.  And Halloween.  And Easter.  And my birthday.  And everyone else's birthday.  But, don't get me wrong, I like Valentine's Day too.

Lucas was home sick a couple of days last week, so he missed getting to make his Valentine box at school.  Which was awesome for me, because I happen to be a freaking expert at Valentine boxes.  Lucas couldn't care less about such things, which is really a shame to see all of my talent and passion wasted on my first born... 
monster themed Valentine boxes.  I love his teacher.
 Of course, Max had to have one too.  Obviously.
The day before the school party we had a few friends over for a Valentine Cupcake Party.  You know, the usual crew.  War-wah and the brothers.
 Lucas wasted no time when he got home from school, and was changed into his fleece snowman pajamas before his friends even got there.  He likes to keep it casual.  It's the modern six year old's version of the velvet smoking jacket.  He's quite dapper.

 Laura was pretty hardcore about the cupcake decor.
I've never seen that many sprinkles on a cupcake.  Ever.
Then...  The school Valentine's Party.
Oh my goodness.  So many little girls wearing tulle.
And so many monster boxes!

This was Lucas's Valentine card.  I'm sure you've seen them.  They were everywhere on Pinterest.
Fun party.  Snacks.  Crafts.  Sparkly shoes.  Valentine-a-riffic.


Then we got Chinese take out for dinner and finished off the evening with a big dance party in the family room.  I think it was the best Valentine's Day ever.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...